Singing News Fan Awards: 2012 Winners
Singing News announced the 2012 winners to the Fan Awards this afternoon. As usual, the Booth Brothers and Triumphant Quartet had the strongest showings. The Booth Brothers picked up seven of the twenty-one awards, while Triumphant won four.
The Collingsworth Family won Mixed Group of the Year for the first time; they also continued their streak at the Young Artist position. Two years ago, oldest sister Brooklyn took home the trophy; Courtney took it home last year, and Phil Collingsworth Jr. won it this year. This is the first time a group has had a streak of this nature; incidentally, the only comparable situation in the history of the award happened the preceding two years, with Perrys members Nick Trammell (2008) and Joseph Habedank (2009).
Wilburn & Wilburn took home awards for Horizon Group of the Year and Horizon Individual of the Year (Jordan), proving that the online buzz about their group is shared within the Singing News fan base.
Here’s the full list of awards handed out in the awards ceremony:
- Mixed Group: The Collingsworth Family
- Soloist: Ivan Parker
- Horizon Group Of The Year: Wilburn & Wilburn
- Horizon Individual Of The Year: Jordan Wilburn
- Tenor: Michael Booth
- Alto: Libbi Perry Stuffle
- Lead Singer: Ronnie Booth
- Baritone: Jim Brady
- Soprano: Kim Hopper
- Bass Singer: Eric Bennett
- Band: Kingdom Heirs
- Musician: Jeff Stice
- Trio: Booth Brothers
- Young Artist: Phillip Collingsworth
- Male Singer: Ronnie Booth
- Female Singer: Kim Hopper
- Traditional Quartet: Triumphant Quartet
- Songwriter Of The Year: Rodney Griffin
- Album Of The Year: Songs From The Heart- Triumphant Quartet
- Song Of The Year: She Still Remembers Jesus’s Name- Booth Brothers
- Artist Of The Year: Booth Brothers
- Norcross-Templeton Award: Mike Holcomb
For more about the Booth Brothers and the Collingsworth Family and the Singing News Fan Awards and Triumphant Quartet and Wilburn and Wilburn—and other Southern Gospel news and commentary—follow our RSS feed or sign up for our email updates!
Comment Rules: Keep comments positive, constructive, and on topic. Don't attack or belittle groups or fellow posters. (Move off-topic discussions to our open threads.)